The Computer Classroom is a state-of-the-art computer classroom that has twenty-eight workstations arching toward the front instructor motorized adjustable height lectern three (3) monitor screens for the instructor and two projector screens. A teaching assistant work station and a motorized adjustable height ADA lectern flank the instructor lectern. One special aspect of this classroom is that the projectors’ resolution (1600 x 1200 pixels also known as UXGA) is matched perfectly with the student UXGA monitors, ensuring that anything a student creates at his or her workstation can be projected in front of the rest of the class without distortion or compression.
In addition to regular classes, this facility is available to rent for planning and technology instructional purposes. Please contact Craig Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a class or for classroom rental fees.
The 1,360 square foot VPT Classroom is equipped with:
- Twenty-eight 64bit Dell Precision workstations with 3.5Ghz Xeon processors, a solid state drive, 8GB of RAM and NVIDIA GPU.
- 20" Dell Ultrasharp UXGA (1600 x 1200 dpi) monitors; twenty-one of which are under glass in Nova stations*
- Twin UXGA projectors and pull down screens
- A motorized ADA lectern
- Three 8' whiteboards
- Twenty-eight cushioned office chairs
- Starting Summer 2022, the computer software includes:
- Microsoft Office365 (Access, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Word)
- Adobe CC Apps (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1 (ArcInfo client - ArcCatalog, ArcGlobe, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcScene), ESRI Business Analyst w/ 2020 US Data, and others
- AutoCAD 2021
- Sketch-Up 2019
- Google Earth Pro
- Google Drive Stream
- Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System
- NetOp Vision Classroom Management Software
*Nova stations give students an unobstructed view of the instructor while allowing for large format materials to rest on the desk.