Advanced Standing Program
Earn Your Master's Degree Faster
After admission to the Advanced Standing Program, students may earn up to 12 hours of credit towards their MURP degree while still an undergraduate. This means that students can earn their Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree faster and at a lower cost.
Advantages of the Advanced Standing Program include:
- Complete your MURP degree faster.
- Reduce your graduate school tuition by 25%.
- Complete 12 credit hours (out of 48) of your MURP degree while still being an undergraduate.
- Avoid the requirement to take the GRE for MURP admission.
- Only available to Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, Bachelor of Urban Design, and Bachelor of Architecture students.
- Must have completed 90 hours towards your FAU degree.
- Must have a GPA of 3.25 or better.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from an FAU faculty member.
Advanced standing students can receive up to $2,000 in Pathways Scholarships from the Graduate College. Click here for more information about the Pathways Scholarship and other funding sources for graduate study.
Click here for information about Graduate Assistantships in the School of Urban and Regional Planning.
The full details of the Advanced Standing Program can be found in the official FAU Catalog.
For any questions regarding the Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree program, please contact Dr. Louis Merlin (Program Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.