Soar-in-4 Medical School Pathway Program
The Schmidt College of Science and Schmidt College of Medicine collaboratively offer a pathway program for outstanding Schmidt College of Science Soar-in-4 Scholars. Students admitted into this highly selective program are offered conditional admission* to the Schmidt College of Medicine provided they maintain the required program standards. Each student will work closely with the programs’ faculty and staff to develop an individual education plan and to ensure a smooth transition if accepted into the Schmidt College of Medicine.
*Upon completion of program requirements (please see below for more details).
- Eligible candidates apply during the summer following the conclusion of Academic Year 2 of their bachelor’s degree program with the Schmidt College of Science.
- In addition to continued mentoring from advisors from the Schmidt College of Science, accepted students will also receive mentoring from advisors from the Schmidt College of Medicine.
- Students will participate in meaningful research, volunteer, and medical experiences.
- Students will be provided individualized pre-medical advising throughout the entire undergraduate program.
Deadline to apply is August 15, 2023.
- Enrolled in the Schmidt College of Science Soar-in-4 Program and have successfully completed 2 academic years at FAU from Fall of 2021 – Spring 2023.
- Cumulative GPA and BCPM GPA > or = 3.7 after completion of the second academic year of your bachelor’s degree program.
- Met all FAU academic and professional requirements to proceed on to junior year of college.
- Majoring in Biology, Medical Biology, Chemistry (Biochemistry track), or Neuroscience and Behavior.
- Pell Grant eligible or first-generation college student.
- Demonstrated a commitment to the healthcare through clinical experiences such as shadowing or work in the healthcare field, volunteerism, and/or research.
- Consistently upholds high ethical and professional standards.
- Received a high level of recommendation from the Pre-Health Professions Office and/or the Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies at the Schmidt College of Science.